I asked over at the In North Seattle blog for seattlepi.com – but am also curious what you think:
Seattle Public Utilities is holding a public meeting on the Maple Leaf Reservoir Park project on Feb. 9 from 6 – 8 p.m. at Olympic View Elementary (Map).
A lot of people have already voice opinions on what we should do with this space.
Here are my 10 favorites (keep in mind that more than one could be feasible given the size of the space):
- A pickleball court
- Dog park (I swear, Maple Leaf has to be close for most dogs per capita in the city)
- A playground with water toys (Fountain? Slide?)
- Some sort of Maple Leaf designs / sculptures / theme
- Skate park
- Amphitheater (could play summer movies like Marymoor)
- Permaculture-based edible forest gardens (a practice of integrating sustainable agriculture and social culture. Read more about permaculture)
- Restrooms (yes, this requires more city maintenance – but it would be a nice feature)
- Disc golf (there aren’t many in Seattle right now)
- Fitness circuit area
What other ideas do you have for this park? What are your “top three” ideas?