Hey Maple Leafers!
Are you enjoying the snow? Or are you looking forward to the rain that is on its way? Share your favorite snOMG moments in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
I measured about 7″ at our house around 90th and 20th. Here’s some fun photos I took during a break from work. Any numbers from others?
And parents, take note: Seattle Public Schools will be closed again tomorrow. A fun week for the kiddos — that’s for sure.
While a little snow is still trickling down, the main concern overnight is power outages. And Public Health – Seattle & King County wants to remind you to BE SAFE if your power does go out, because you’ll be at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can kill; the gas comes from burning fuels such as gasoline, propane, oil, kerosene, natural gas, coal or wood. You can’t see or smell it.
So how do you prevent it? Here’s some quick tips:
- Only use a generator outdoors and far from open windows and vents
- Never use a generator or portable propane heater indoors, in garages or carports
- Never cook or heat inside on a charcoal or gas grill.
If you believe you could be experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning, get fresh air immediately. Call for medical help from a neighbor’s home. The Fire Department will tell you when it is safe to reenter the home.
Read more helpful tips from Public Health – Seattle & King County on how to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning — particularly relevant if you have no power or lose it sometime this evening. The link also has handy tips on how to stay warm in the case of a power outage.
Stay dry, stay warm, and stay happy!